It has been a week of finding great WordPress Plugins. Today I found a plugin to help me distribute the posting on my WordPress blog to all my social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Facebook Pages, and LinkedIn. WordPress 2 Ping.fm is the plugin of choice.
Ping.fm has become a favorite tool for social media junkies because it allows you to write a post in one location and distribute it to your network of social media accounts.
The problem was how to get my blog posts to all my social media accounts. The answer, install WordPress 2 Ping.fm plugin to distribute my blog post to Ping.fm. Then Ping.fm distributes the post to the social media network. Bingo!
- Create an account on Ping.fm.
- Add your social media sites by selecting on the “Add To Network”.
- When at the Dashboard, select Application Keys and copy the long string.
- Install WordPress 2 Ping.fm plugin from the Plugins “New Add” in the WP admin dashboard.
- Go to Ping.fm in the Settings section and add your Ping.fm key
- Select the radio button for All Categories and save.
It is that easy. Every time I post an article on my blog, it is distributed to my network of social media sites.
I like this one-to-many type of communication. I can simply touch the many social communities that I belong too with a push of one button. Have fun and let me know what you think.